Grant Program Description
Mocavo seeks proposals from custodians of genealogical content, archives, or historical records
that they wish to make freely available online. Materials proposed for digitization and/or indexing should be unique and provide clear value to a broad number of genealogists. ReadyMicro will digitize these materials and, in collaboration with the grant recipient, extract associated metadata. Mocavo will create an online database from the collection which will be freely available at Mocavo.com as well as the grant recipient’s website.
The Mocavo Community Digitization Grant provides the grant recipient with the following benefits:
- $25,000 of scanning and digitization services
- Digital media organized into a searchable database
- Unlimited display and distribution rights for the resulting digital media
- An online version of the database which may be presented on the grant recipient’s website
Applicants eligible for the Mocavo Community Digitization Grant meet the following guidelines:
- Genealogy organizations
- Colleges, universities, and other academic institutions
- State or local government agencies
- Federally-acknowledged or state-recognized Native American tribes or groups
- Collection to be digitized can be transported to ReadyMicro facilities in Orem, UT.
Application and Submission Information
Please use the form below to submit information about the collection to be considered for the Mocavo Community Digitization Grant. In the collection description section, please provide the following information:
- What is the genealogical significance of the collection?
- What audience will find this collection helpful?
- Size and scope of the collection (ie. name count, record count, page count, etc.)
- Current format and quality of the collection media (ie. books, paper records, microfilm)
Submission and Notification Dates and Times
Electronic applications must be received no later than Noon Eastern Time on February 28, 2013.
The Mocavo Community Digitization Grant recipient will be notified by March 31, 2013