Query: Squire Bozarth

Want more options? Use Advanced Search

View Pedigree Run Search

Squire Bozarth

Birth:
11 Jan 1792 Hardin County, Kentucky
Baptism:
Death:
16 Mar 1853 Woodland, Washington Territory
Burial:
Odd Fellows Cemetery, Woodland, Washington


Discover More in the Bozarth Surname Group

  • 6Members
  • 332Ancestors
  • 516Docs & Photos

Squire Bozarth's Family Relations

Father
John (Sheriff) Bozarth
1766 – 1819
Mother
Sarah Shaw
1769 –

Siblings
Abner Bozarth
13 Nov 1803 –
Elizabeth Bozarth
20 Jan 1794 –
Ira Bozarth
27 Feb 1809 –
John Bozarth
13 Nov 1801 –
Mary Ann Bozarth
25 Aug 1790 – 1852
Reason Bozarth
16 Aug 1805 –
Sarah Bozarth
18 Mar 1807 –

Spouse
Mildred Hoard Willis
14 Feb 1802 – 10 Mar 1856
Marriage
July 11, 1816
Leitchfield, Grayson County, Kentucky

Children
Elizabeth Willis Bozarth
10 May 1817 – 7 Nov 1871
Owen Willis Bozarth
10 Aug 1820 – 15 Feb 1875
Mary Ann Bozarth
1 Mar 1822 – 1 Jun 1860
John Shaw Bozarth
24 Mar 1824 – 13 Mar 1882
Sarah Ann Bozarth
10 Dec 1825 –
Lorana Ellen Bozarth
22 Sep 1828 – 3 May 1880
Christopher Columbus Bozarth
1 Jan 1832 – 1 Nov 1912
Julia Ann Bozarth
19 Mar 1834 – 26 Oct 1865
Squire Bozarth
19 Aug 1836 – 14 Apr 1905
Millie Willis Bozarth
5 Dec 1838 – 15 Feb 1883
Emma Caroline Bozarth
5 Mar 1842 – 17 Apr 1919

More Results for Squire Bozarth

LENA BOZARTH (1907-2007)

Last Name:

BOZARTH

First Name:

LENA

Death Year:

2007

Birth Year:

1907

G. W. BOZARTH

Last Name:

BOZARTH

WILLARD BOZARTH (1933-2006)

Last Name:

BOZARTH

First Name:

WILLARD

Death Year:

2006

Birth Year:

1933

See All 2,199 Search Results

About Squire Bozarth

Squire Bozarth is a member of the Bozarth Family.

Author Notes

BOZARTH, Squire (1792-1853): m'd 1819 WILLIS, Mildred H.; s/o John and Sarah (Shaw) Bozorth; mentioned in "Historical and Genealogical Record of the Bozarth Family, From Landing in America to 1918"; in earlier records the Bozorth name appears most often as Bozarth, in more recent times it is found used interchangeably with Bozorth. (Emigrants to Oregon In 1845, compiled by Stephenie Flora).

Squire Bozarth is listed as a corporal on the rolls of Captain William Walker's Company, Third Regiment, Kentucky Detached Militia. He served from September 1 to December 25, 1812. (Kentucky Soldiers of the War of 1812, p. 56).

BOZORTH, SQUIRE AND MILLY ..... A note here that the tombstones of Squire and Milly and their son C.C. all spell the name Bozorth... Judy Card. January 2000.

Squire Bozorth Sr. settled on a Donation Land Claim in the Lewis River valley in 1851. He was born in Kentucky in 1792 where his father had received a grant of land for his service in the Revolution.

Squire's wife was Milly Willis, a daughter of Colonel Willis of Virginia whom he married in 1816. Eleven children sprang from this union. The oldest, Elizabeth, was born in Kentucky, 1817 and the youngest, Emma Caroline born in Iowa in 1842. The remaining nine, all born in Mississippi are in order of birth. Owen Willis (1820-1875), Mary Ann (1822-1860), John Shaw (1824-1882), Sarah Ann (1825-1873), Lorana Ellen (1828-1880), Christopher Columbus (1832-1914), Julia Ann (1834-1863), Squire, Jr. (1836-1905) and Milly Willis (1838-1883).

Squire and Milly with eight children migrated from SE Iowa to Oregon Territory by way of the Plains and ox team in 1845. Arriving at Fort Vancouver in December. The family first settled near Forest Grove on Gales Creek for a year where they raised a crop of wheat which could be used as a medium of exchange in lieu of currency. Then for a period of five years they lived on the Columbia River bottoms opposite Fort Vancouver.

In 1850 Squire took out a Donation Land Claim on the Lewis River and moved to it in the spring of 1851 where he died in 1853. His wife Milly followed Squire in death in 1856.

Time and space will not permit a following down of the story of each of the children of Squire and Milly Bozorth but a few will be considered.

The eldest son Owen whose 25th birthday occurred on the Westward journey, helped his father build a school on the site of Forest Grove, Oregon which later became Pacific University. Owen took out a Donation Land Claim on the bottoms south of Woodland, Washington, August 5, 1853 on land now owned by Perle Martin (1120 So. Pekin Rd). Soon after Owen was settled on this claim, 1855, he was granted a license to operate a ferry at Pekin, adjoining his claim.

John Shaw, the second son, came to Oregon in 1847 by way of the plains. He took advantage of the Land Claim privilege and settled on one in the Valley one mile north of the site of Woodland, February 22, 1852.

This writer, Clifford Bozorth, a grandson of John now lives on a portion of this claim and it is interesting to note that most of this Donation Land Claim is owned and occupied by John's grandchildren, children of his son Albert Henderson Bozorth.

John Shaw held strictly to the business of developing his land and supporting his family of eleven children. He was a progressive farmer and was among the first to make use of new farm machinery then coming into use, such as horse-drawn mowers.

John also donated an acre of land for the use of a cemetery. John married Aseneth Luelling and his children, all born near Woodland are as follows: Mary Elizabeth (1851-1903), Howard Columbus (1853-1939), Clara Jane (1855-1880), Emma Elvira (1856-1910), Amelia Almeda (1858-1939), Adelia Lodema (1860-1874), Alice Union (1863-1884), Arnice Luella (1865-1915), Albert (Ab) Henderson (1868-1950), Arthur Levi (1870-1934), John Ralph (Cloudy) (1872-1944).

The offspring of Howard C. by Adelma Martin, (sister of Wiley) and Emma Rockman were three daughters and one son: Lela O., Violet A., John Ira, and Lena C., all born in the vicinity of Woodland.

Lela O. married Robert Barr, 1898. No children. Violet A. married C. H. Clemens. No children. John I. married Mabel Jones, 1902. There were three sons, Howard, John Jr., and Melvin, all born and raised near Woodland.

Lena C. married Claude Shoemaker, 1904. There were two children, Udena and Victor.

Clara Jane Bozorth, third child of John S. Bozorth, married Royal C. Smith, 1874. There were four children, Clara Royal (Wilde), 1875- ), Jesse Bozorth Smith, Mary Lewelling and Rosie Belle.

Clara Smith Wilde has been a resident of Woodland for a number of years.

Amelia Bozorth married Corwin King, 1878. She remained in Woodland and vicinity most of her life. No children.

Albert H., the 9th child of John Shaw Bozorth married Gertrude Stallcop in 1891. Five children came from this union: Leta L. (Rasmussen), Clifford C., Linton E., and Laurel E. (twins), and Wayne I.

Leta, born in Yolo Co., California, 1892, has lived most of her life near Woodland, Washington. She married Carl Rasmussen in 1918. No children.

Clifford C., born near Woodland in 1894, spent nearly all of his life near Woodland, Washington as a farmer. He married Zella Foltz in 1922, with three children resulting, Eugene (deceased), Everett L. and Maurice S.

Linton E. was born 1896 near Woodland where he has resided most of his life. He married Clara Lemke in 1921. No children.

Wayne I., the youngest child, was born in Sherman Co., Oregon, in 1906. He came to Woodland in 1907, where he has since lived (SH503 & Insel Road ). Since 1935 he has operated a dairy farm on the original Donation Land Claim. He married Irene Farley in 1931. Four children, Laurita, Wayne Jr., Lyle and Claron.

Arthur Bozorth, the 10th child of John Shaw Bozorth, was born at the family home immediately north of the Kerns Cemetery. He married Cedora Jones, in 1891. There were seven children, Blanche, Levi (deceased), Bryan (deceased), Eva (deceased), Alice, Cathold, Hall. None of these children live near Woodland at the present time.

John Ralph (Cloudy) Bozorth, the youngest of John, was married to Sarah Ann Tooley in 1891. They had eight children, Howard L. (deceased), Clyde O. (deceased), Veraca V., Cecil S., Elmer M., Fannie L., Lee Co., and Emma A.

These children grew up in the vicinity of Woodland but at the present time are not residing here. John Ralph Bozorth served as Cowlitz County Assessor, 1910-1912.

To show the connection of the Bozorth family to the Fisher family, it will be necessary to look to the eldest child of Squire and Milly Bozorth, Elizabeth, who married David Dart in 1839. Their daughter, Elizabeth, married Adam Fisher, whose third child was Charles Fisher, a long time resident of the Lewis River Valley. Two sons came from this marriage, Harvey, born in 1896 and John (deceased).

Christopher Columbus Bozorth, who made the trip across the Plains in 1845 at the age of 13, lived in the Lewis River Valley from his boyhood, (1851-1914).

In 1881, Chris left off farming the land his father left him and opened a store on the bank of the Lewis River at the East end of present Davidson Ave., in Woodland. The next year he became Postmaster of the town which received its name at the suggestion of Chris' wife, Rhoda. Rhoda was a daughter of Jacob John, who played a prominent part in the early history of this region. Chris and Rhoda raised four children who were hers by a former marriage: Francis, Emma, Edith, and Ida Van Bebber.

Emma married Samuel Conrad, a long time resident of Woodland. Three children resulted: Ethlyn, Carlton, and Ruth.

Chris Bozorth served his community well. He sat in the State Legislature in 1860-61 and commencing in 1856, served four terms as Assessor, of Clark County and two for Cowlitz, 1874-1878.

Another son of Squire and Milly Bozorth, who made Woodland his home until his death in 1905, was Squire, Jr. He engaged in farming and also ran a store in Woodland about the turn of the century.

In 1882 Squire built a house on the east end of his farm near Lewis River. He continued at this business until he retired from the farm and devoted his time to his mercantile interests.

Squire Bozorth, Jr., married Miss Cynthia John in 1859. Four children resulted: William R., who took up residence in Vancouver at an early date, Alfred L., who spent his life in Woodland and Leona June.

Alfred L. married Katie Smith in 1888. the children of this marriage who made Woodland their home are Claude A. Bozorth, who now lives in Eugene, Oregon. He was one of the two members of the first graduating class of Woodland High. He married Alberta Hobbs and has three children: Glen T. Bozorth, a present resident of Woodland, lives on the farm owned by his grandfather, Squire, Jr. He married Helen Martin, sister of Mrs. Harry Andrews, and they have two children Grace Erion and Ralph, living in or near Woodland. The youngest son, Squire (deceased), became a medical specialist. The daughter Mildred, married Capt. Wm. Scaife.

In 1905, at the time of Squire Bozorth Jr's. death, certain elders of the family began to plan an organization for the Bozorth clan. The first annual meeting was held in the Oak Grove on July 8, 1905. About 150 members of the family were present, coming from many places in the Northwest. Christopher C. Bozorth of Woodland was elected President, Alfred N. Wills of Portland was named Vice President and Milton B. Bozorth of Portland became Secretary and Treasurer. John O. Bozorth of Bay City, Oregon was chosen Family Historian.

Reunions have been held each year without fail ever since, usually in Woodland and vicinity. The present officers of the Bozorth Reunion Association are Linton Bozorth of Woodland, President. Mrs. Blanche Richards of Toppenish, Wash., Vice President, Clifford C. Bozorth of Woodland, Secretary-Treasurer and Historian.

There are now believed to be about 2000 descendants of Squire and Milly Bozorth in the Pacific Northwest.

The third child of Squire and Milly Bozorth, Mary Ann, who married Solomon Strong, bore by Mr. Strong ten children, the second one being Mary Ellen, who was born in 1847. She married Jonathan Wills. From this came a family of six children, the eldest of which was Grant Wills, who made the Lewis River Valley his home most of his life. Grant married Viola P. Wright in 1897. This lady is at this time a resident of Woodland, Mr. Wills having passed on in 1917.

Children of this union are Joe A. Wills, 1897, Jessie E. Wills, 1899, Esther V. Wills, 1902, Annette M. Wills, 1903, and Ida M. Wills, 1906. Joe Wills married Anna Marsh in 1922, with five children resulting all growing up in the Woodland area.

Another branch of the Bozorth family, members of which have made the Lewis River Valley their home, is the line that came down from Elizabeth, the eldest child of Squire and Milly Bozorth. Born in Kentucky, she became the wife of Gideon Millard in 1849. Elizabeth had outlived three former husbands, Legg, Dart and Lance.

From: "Where Cain Killed Able": Latter-day Saint Views on the Mormon Surrender of Far West
and Their Forced Expulsion from the State of Missouri, A Senior Project Submitted by Michael S. Riggs, In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Bachelor of Science Organizational Behavior, The University of San Francisco, January 31, 1988.

The firms
After two years of settling Caldwell County, it became apparent that the demands placed on the Church by the steady flow of Mormon emigrants was insurmountable. Something different had to be done. In a October 6, 1838, letter to his sister (Note 1), Albert P. Rockwood provided an excellent description of the remedy.

Arrangements are now makeing for constant employment for both Male and Female by the operation of Church firms, which are about being been verry extensively established the members lease all their Real Estate (save the city lots) to the firm to which they belong, for a term of years from 10 to 99, without and consideration or interest--Personal Estate is put in on nearly the same condition.--Every member that joins is to put in all he has over and above his needs and wants for his privite stewardship in all cases each person is bound to pay his honest debts before leasing.--the Calculation is for the Brethren to dwell in the Cities & cultivate the lands in the vicinity, in fields many miles in extent; or from City to City, the Brethren own most of Caldwell Co, most of it is or will proba[b]ly be leased to the firms...all kind of necessary articles will be manufactured by these firms, that be no necessity of purchasing of our Enemies The firms furnish constant employ for all who Join them and pay $1.00 pr day for a mans work-Any surplus that may remain, after paying the demands of the firm is to be divided According to the needs & wants...Many houses must be built this fall.--The operation of these firms enable a Man to get a comfortable house in a verry short time when he gets about it 1st by his working for the firm 70 or 80 days then the firm turn out Stone Cutters, Carpenters, Masons Teams &c to complete the house.

On the surface, this seemed to be an answer that would satisfy everyone. Those who had settled in Caldwell County a year or two before and had amassed a sizable amount of property had less to gain and a lot to lose. The fact that the organization of the firms was under the direction of the Danites also made joining less than optional (Peck, pp. 12-13). This is illustrated in a biographical article of one loyal Mormon opposed to the firms.

About this time Dr. Avard [a Danite General] came among the Saints, preaching the "common stock" theory: and during the summer of 1838 the Saints formed three "firms," as they were called, for the purpose of doing business in common. Those west of Far West were joined toghether in one firm, and the ultimate intention was to move all the houses near together and farm the adjoining country in common. Bro. Brush opposed this movement, but a majority favored it and he yielded, hating to stand alone (Brush, p. 129).

The concept of moving into the cities and farming cooperatively on the outskirts was not appealing to everyone. One "Br. Hoopes" said, "All this confusion startles me--they tell me that I must come into the city and build in it, or I will be cut off from the Church. I will not do it" (Swartzell, p. 34).
It was for the above reasons that the firms were created, but the scope of purpose soon expanded. Joseph Holbrook related how he and Squire Bozarth of the Western firm were sent down to Fort Leavenworth to bid on the construction of a major road project. Their bid of $l4,000 was not successful, but it demonstrates the aggressiveness of the firm's enterprises (n.d., p. 22, Note 8; Riggs, 1988, Note 9).

The surrender of Far West resulted in the abolition of both the Danites and the firms. Throughout later Mormon history, however, variant forms of both institutions were revived at different times. The prinicples taught in the firms are in part considered by modern Mormonism to be encompassed in the "law of consecration." A doctrine which Latter-day Saints are still taught will be lived again by the faithful members of the Church (Cook, 1985).

Bosier/Bozarth, Squire (1792-1853), born in Hardin County, Kentucky. Participant in the War of 1812. Married Mildred Willis, 1816. Among the pioneer settlers at La Grange, Lewis County, Missouri, 1819. Converted by George Hinkle and moved to Caldwell County about 1836. After the Mormon exodus from Missouri, he was among the earliest settlers at Commerce, Hancock County, Illinois. In December 1839 the Nauvoo high council authorized him to build a sawmill. Died at Woodland, Washington Territory. [PJSv2] (From: Biographical Registers of Brigham Young University)

Bozarth Brothers' Mill: Taken from: The History of Clinton County, Missouri (St. Joseph, MO: National Historical Co., 1881), p. 246.

In 1836, the Bozarth brothers, Albert and John, from Kentucky, both members of the Mormon fraternity of Far West, in Caldwell County, a few miles east, located on Shoal Creek, four and a half miles south of Cameron, a water power grist mill, with one run of burrs.
On the expulsion of the Mormons, the mill ceased to be operated, and in the course of subsequent years, all traces of this pioneer enterprise were effaced, and the memory of whose existence is fast fading from the minds of their descendants or successors.
The Bozarths were among the largest private land owners in Caldwell County during the Far West Period. The mill mentioned above would have helped serve the needs of the Plum Creek Settlement west of Far West. In Squire Bozarth's redress petition, for example, he said, "I owned more than fifteen hundred acres of land in Caldwell County and the counties round about" (Clark, p. 422). Adding verification to the Clinton County History, Squire Bozarth also stated in his redress petition that his family resided three miles from Far West (Clark, p. 422).
Because the Bozarth Brothers had land in both Clinton and Caldwell Counties, there is mention of them in the 1886 History of Caldwell and Livingston County as well:
"Among the many others who came in with the Mormons were the Bozarths (sometimes pronounced Bozier), of whom Squire, John and Abner became well known citizens of the county. In June, 1837, John Bozarth settled upon and entered the e. 1/2 of the se. 1/4 of section 29, [Mirabile Township] and moved a house upon it from Far West. He had lived in Far West and near Fugitt's Mill. Abner Bozarth entered the w. 1/2 of the s. 1/2 of section 18 [Mirabile Township] in 1837."
The above quote indicated the Bozarths stayed in Missouri following the expulsion of the LDS Church during the winter 1838-39. Squire was a signee to the covenant, along with his future son-in-law David Dort, of the January 29, 1839 covenant to "remove" from Far West because of the persecution there. (LDS Member Name Index, 1830-45: HC 3:253) Squire did record his redress petition in January 1840 in Illinois, but a year after the expulsion, John Bozarth was named as an "Inspector" in a newly formed school district in Clinton County (1977 History of Clinton County, Missouri, p. 326). His assimilation from Mormon society to the non-Mormon community was very rapid.
Additional information about the post Far West story of one of the Bozarths was provided in Joseph Smith III's Memoirs (p. 178b).
"Brother Bozarth was 'to the mannor born,' for his family had settled there in time of the old church, and in the bitter days of Missouri persecution had not been driven away, for the reason, as we understood, that they had owned and operated the only grist mills in quite a large area of that country. By honesty of purpose and uprightness in dealing, Brother Bozarth had demonstrated his good citizenshep, and had been permitted to remain. Later, when the 'good news' of the Reorganization found him, he joyfully united with us. His son William also took up cudgels in our defense and preached with good effect in the country round about, wherever opportunity offered an opening."

The great leader of the Mormons, while here, was Joe. Smith, the prophet. The lesser lights were his brother, Hyrum Smith, Sidney Rigdon, John Carroll, Edward Partridge, W.W. Phelps, Parley B. Pratt, Elias Higbee, Philo Dibble, Oliver Cowdery, John Cleminson, John Daley, John Whitmer, David Whitmer, John Bozarth, Squire Bozarth, and Charles W. Patton. Most of these held prominent places in the church or were distinguished for their business qualifications. (Crosby Johnson, An Illustrated Historical Atlas of Caldwell County, Missouri. 1876. Edwards Brothers).

Ponca City, Oklahoma news as reported in the Saint's Herald, vol. 85 (10 December 1938): 1591:
A son was born October 7 to Mr. and Mrs. William T. Bozarth. He was named William Thomas, after his father and after his great-grandfather, a pioneer missionary in the church. On October 23 Elder John A. Bozarath, and wife, of Gorham, Kansas, arrived to honor their new grandson and for a brief visit with the family

Early Woodland ...
In 1845 Adolphus Lee Lewis, a retired employee of the Hudson's Bay Company and for whom the Lewis River is named, took up a land claim on property east of the present day city of Woodland.
The area was originally known as "Pekin" when the Pekin Post Office was opened (in 1867 according to one source while another source says the Pekin Post Office was established in 1854 by Jefferson Huff). Pekin was approximately three miles south of present-day Woodland, on the north bank of the Lewis River. The post office was discontinued in 1886.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management, General Land Office Records, show a Jefferson Huff and Sutilda Huff being issued a land title on April 28, 1865, for 289.17 acres of parts of T5N R1W Sections 9 and 16, under the 1850 "Oregon-Donation Act". This is north of present-day Woodland.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management, General Land Office Records, show a Milly H. Bozarth and a Squire Bozarth being issued a land title for the area of Woodland on May 11, 1877, for 604.01 acres of parts of T5N R1W Sections 13, 14, 18, 19, 23, and 24, under the 1850 "Oregon-Donation Act". Squire and Milly Bozarth named their place "Woodland Farm" because of the surrounding stand of fir trees.

In 1881 Squire and Milly's son, C.C. Bozarth, opened a store on the Lewis River and named it "Woodland" after his father's farm. It was the first store in the new community. In 1882 it began serving as a post office. The first hotels and restaurants were built in the 1890's.

In 1889 the settlement of Woodland was platted by A.W. Scott, and was incorporated as a town in 1906.

In October 1890 the Woodland Post Office moved one mile north of town to the home of Adolphus Lee Lewis and was re-named "Kerns". One month later, Christopher Bozarth, the original postmaster of the Woodland post office, re-established another post office by the name of Woodland in November 1890. Lewis continued the Kerns post office until 1906.

During this era there were daily stops at Woodland by the steamers "Alarm" and the "Lucy Mason". There was also railroad survice from Kalama, Washington to Portland, Oregon, with a stop at Woodland. In 1913, the Lewis River bridge was built at Woodland. Prior to that time, there was only ferry service across the river. The present bridges where 1-5 crosses the Lewis, and the dike creating Horseshoe Lake were begun in 1940.

...Some interesting tales are told about the telephone service in early days when there was only the one telephone in town, which handled long distance calls only. Messages had to be delivered by foot or horseback and, as Mayor Bryant recalls, everyone along the way "heard the news" before the party to whom the message was being sent heard it. If the party calling wished to talk to the party being called, then the messenger would leave the message and the other party had to walk or ride horseback back to the hotel. One such incident is told by Gilbert Murk. He and Charley Schwartz ran a livery stable where the Meeker Feed Co. is now located. Gilbert's father and Squire Bozarth owned some pigs and Gilbert was sent to Kalama in 1896 with a load to sell. The buyer refused to pay the price previously agreed on so Gill called Squire Bozarth from Kalama and he had to wait until someone from the hotel went to get Squire Bozarth, who was living where Fox Oleson is now living. Gilbert told Squire that the buyer said he had to take the money he offered, which was lower than the agreed price, or take the pigs back to Woodland. So Squire said he better take the money, but it turned out that the swindler became confused in the transaction and when Gill got back to Woodland his father found out that he actually had been paid $6.00 over the original price set. Gill's father allowed him to keep the money as the swindler never showed up to claim it; so he felt he had been well repaid for all his trouble.

...I think I found the oldest headstone in the Odd Fellows Cemetery. It was that of Squire Bozarth who was born in Kentucky in 1792. He, with his wife, Milly, and nine children, crossed the plains in 1845, living in Oregon five years then settling on the Lewis River in 1850. He died three years later, and his wife died six years later. One of their sons, C.N. Bozarth gave the town of Woodland its name in 1881 when he started his store and established the Woodland Post Office in his store in April,

EARLY SETTLERS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER

1845 A. LeLewis
1849 Columbia Lancaster
1850 Squire and Millie Bozarth, Kenzie and Jane Caples, William , Henry Martin
1851 J. Brandt, Hans Kraft, Solomon Strong, Sam Gatton
1852 Gallatin Kinder, Samuel Lishon, H.L. Caples, John Bozarth, James Burke
1853 Wm. Bratton, Frank Jenkins, John Springer, Jacob John, Jefferson Huff, Daniel, W. Gardner, Owen Bozarth, Allen Gilson, Joseph Eaton, William Powell, Irijah Buyers
1854 William Kinder, John Henry Van Bebber, T. Forbister
1855 Charles Fairchild
1862 Geo. and Mary Love, Ennels Claus Davis, William A. Davis, Henry Page*
1864 Mark and Mose Webb*, George Backman, Lewis Miller
1865 F.N. Goerig
1866 Ezra W. and Lucia Ann Stratton, Frank Ables, Nathan Davis
1867 Tom Geiger, Dave Ross, James Ross, Wm. McAfferty, John Robinson
1868 Ben Newkirk
1869 James B. Stone, Henry Houghton, Simon Murray
1870 Geo. W. Maxwell
1871 August Schurman
1872 G.W. Durgin, Wm. Ginder
1873 William Martin
1874 Billy Spurrel, Ad Reid, A.J. Burts, Charley and Henry Spect*
1875 Frank Klager, Carl Tesch, David Parker
1876 Andrew Millard, John Taylor, Emmonds Hamilton, Godfrey Thiels, Frank Greathouse, and Tom Oliver
1877 Columbia Klady, James Stallcop
1878 James Copeland, Mike Lynch, James Barr
1879 Shell Anrys, Henry Ballhorn, John Tooley
1880 Tom Hollingsworth, Henry Robins, Frank and Mary Higgins
1881 James Forbes, John Birt, Luther Davis
1882 Berrick Guilds, Joe Quigley, Lew Matthews, George Ferguson, L.L. Paulsen
1883 Aron Scott, Fredericksons, Lew Wright, Geor. Wyman, Henry Robbins
1884 John H. Fisher, Lish Wright, John Wright,(Joe Wright came later), Miles Allen, and Fletcher Runyan